The East Bradford Cycling Club Youth Development Squad has been established to take riders aged 14 and above to the next level in their cycling. Sitting above the Kids Saturday Bike Club, the development squad riders are provided with free advanced training to include access to Level 3 one to one training with bespoke training plans designed individually for each rider on the squad. In addition, there is advanced training sessions and additional support as needed from our coaches Mandy Parker, Joe Parker and Rose Lees. We cover the following Cycling disciplines:
Road, Track, Time Trial, Cyclo Cross, Mountain Bike , Rollers and the odd hill climb.
Joe Parker is our new Team Manager specialising in Mountain Bike and Cyclo Cross but covers Road as well.
Current Squad Members:
Lucien Cuming – Road/ Track/ Cyclo-Cross
Liam Davison – Road and Track
Rachel Earnshaw – Road and Track
Spike Elwell – Cyclo-Cross
Daniel Hepton – Road and Cyclo-Cross
Lily Greenhalgh – EBCC for Cyclo Cross (Team 22 for Road).
Amber Hull – Mountain Bike and Cyclo-Cross
I started cycling with Kids Saturday Bike Club in September 2013 aged 8. My first race was an U10 cyclo-cross at Ilkley in October 2014 and I absolutely loved it. I also love circuit racing especially town centre races such as Barnsley and Doncaster. My dream is to eventually get a pro contract so I never have to have a proper job!
Additional Support given to:
Past Squad Members
Jack Ackroyd – MTB/Enduro/Cyclo-Cross
Ryan Middlemiss – Mountain Bike/Cyclo-Cross/Road
George Southby – Road and Track
- Started riding age 3 to keep up with his brother.
- Started competitive cycling aged 6 at Roundhay at the West Riding Track League Grass track and local cyclo-cross events.
- Joined EBCC and started circuit racing in BSCA events and progressed to local regional and national British Cycling events and overseas tours.
- Third overall National youth series 2016
- Isle of man youth tour green jersey winner 2016
- National champs 8th (2016), 3rd (2014)
- Winner Tour de l’avenir Prologue – St Flour, France (2015)
- Winner Milton Keynes National Youth Circuits 2014 Yorkshire champion (2014
- Former multiple BSCA national champion and BAR winner.
- Tour of Ireland winning team